1. Our Commitment
2. What Types of Personal Data We Collect
The types of personal data we collect may include but not limited to:
- your name, phone number, email address, billing address, delivery address or other contact information, login email and password, your payment or credit card information, and other personal data you voluntarily provide to us; and
- IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, referring websites, and other internet log on information of your computer or mobile, or other communication devices.
3. How We Collect Personal Data
We may obtain personal information about you in a number of ways, such as:
- when you visit our websites, or view any of our social media pages;
- When you register an account with us;
- When you shop at our online store;
- When you subscribe to our marketing or promotional materials;
- When you participate in any of our loyalty or promotion programs;
- When you participate in any surveys or marketing activities;
- when you contact us whether by phone, by email or via any social media platforms, to make enquires or provide information.
You are not required to provide the personal information that we request, but we may not be able to provide you with our products, services or benefits or you may not be able to login to our platforms or use certain features without such information. You have the right to request access to the personal information we have about you, and to request us to make correction of, update or delete the information.
4. Purposes of Collection
Your personal data may be used for one or more of the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- Tprocessing your orders for products and services you place with us (such as maintaining your shopping bag, attending to billing, payments, refunds and delivery arrangements);
- providing you with customer service, handling and responding to your inquiries, suggestions or complaints;
- communicating with you;
- administering any loyalty or other marketing, promotional or corporate programs that we are involved in, including providing you with the benefits that you are entitled;
- conducting customer surveys or organizing events for customers;
- conducting analysis to help us better understand our customers and to improve our services and products;
- customizing the information displayed on our online store and social media platforms to create better customers experience;
- designing targeted promotional offers, conducting direct marketing activities;
- conducting advertising activities, including targeted advertising;
- fulfilling our obligation to maintain records of processing activities;
- meeting legal, regulatory or compliance requirements, dealing with enquires from law enforcement or regulatory bodies or for the purpose of obtaining legal advice; and
- any other purposes directly related to any of the above purposes.
We only collect personal data we actually need for or directly related to our specific Purposes. If we intend to use the personal information for purposes other than the above, we will seek your consent prior to using your personal data.
5. Direct Marketing
We intend to use your personal information for direct marketing which will include the marketing and promotion of all products and services offered by Baqless.hk. We will not provide your personal information to third parties for use in their direct marketing activities.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information in our direct marketing activities by indicating your preference where appropriate or request us to change your preference (without any fees), at any time by contacting us. For direct marketing sent by emails, you may also unsubscribe with the link provided at the bottom of our emails.
We will not use your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing without your consent. We will use your personal information such as name, phone number and/or email address to inform you of our new products and/or latest promotional and marketing events.
6. How We Will Use Your Personal Data
We will process (including without limitation collect, store, hold, use, transfer and disclose) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the required laws and regulations. We will endeavor to keep your information secured, accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. There are a number of different ways that we are lawfully able to process your personal data. We have set these out below:
6.1 Where using your data is in our legitimate interests
We are allowed to use your personal data where it is in our interests to do so, and those interests are not outweighed by any potential prejudice to you. We believe that our use of your personal data is within a number of our legitimate interests, including but not limited to:
- conducting business by providing services to you, including verifying your identity and any accounts you have with us; administering any loyalty or other marketing activities, processing your orders for products and maintaining your shopping cart, attending to billing, payments, refunds and delivery arrangements; handling and responding to your inquiries, suggestions or complaints; conducting analysis and for other Purposes, providing you with direct marketing communication as you can reasonably expect at the time and in the context of collection of your personal information that processing for direct marketing purpose may take place;
- to help us satisfy our legal obligations (for example, in relation to prevention of money laundering and anti-terrorism);
- to help us understand our customers better and provide better, more relevant services to them;
- to ensure that our service runs smoothly;
- to help us keep our systems secure and prevent unauthorized access or cyber-attacks; and
- to drive commercial value for the benefit of our shareholders.
6.2 Where you give us your consent to use your personal data
We are allowed to use your data where you have specifically consented. In order for your consent to be valid:
- It has to be given freely, without us putting you under any type of pressure;
- You have to know what you are consenting to – so we will make sure we give you enough information;
- You should only be asked to consent to one thing at a time – we therefore avoid "bundling" consents together so that you do not know exactly what you are agreeing to; and
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us.
6.3 Where using your personal data is necessary for us to carry out our obligations under our contract with youWe are allowed to use your personal data when it is necessary to do so for the performance of our contract with you. For example, we need to collect your credit card details in order to be able to process your payments.
6.4 Where processing is necessary for us to carry out our legal obligations
As well as our obligations to you under any contract, we also have other legal obligations that we need to comply with and we are allowed to use your personal data when we need to in order to comply with those other legal obligations.
7. Cookies and Other Automated Means
Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to browse our website and use its features, such as accessing log-in or secured areas. These cookies cannot be switched off or otherwise the website would not work properly. However, these cookies do not store any personal data.
Functionality Cookies. These cookies are used to enhance your shopping experience. For example, they allow us to remember what your preferred language is and what items you have added to your shopping cart when you visit our website again. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites. They are optional to users.
Targeting Cookies. Many of these are provided by third parties. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites. Examples of what we are using are Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel. Such information may be shared with other advertising networks to deliver the advertising. Again, you can block these cookies.
If you continue without changing your setting, you have consented to use of all our cookies in this website.
8. How to control and delete cookies
Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our website and other parts of our service may not work properly.
Apart from cookies, we may also collect information by automated means when you visit any of our mobile or online platforms, such as web server logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the mobile device or computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server. Information collected from these automated means may be used for some of the Purposes.
9. What Information We Share and How We Share Them
We may disclose or transfer your personal data to any third party service providers or business partners, whether within or outside your jurisdiction, as necessary on a need-to-know basis to fulfil any of the Purposes. For transfer of personal data outside your jurisdiction, we will adopt contractual or other appropriate measures to safeguard your personal data, to provide a standard of protection at least comparable to that standard under the data protection laws in your jurisdiction, and to use them only to fulfil the above Purposes on our behalf or otherwise in accordance with any other cross-border data transfer mechanisms under the data protection laws of your jurisdiction.
We may also disclose or transfer your personal data to any other party when we believe such disclosure or transfer is required for legal or regulatory reasons or where it is necessary to protect our interests (as permitted by law), for example, to our insurers in cases of potential claims.
We also reserve the right to transfer your personal information with us in the event we are involved in any merger, acquisition or corporate reorganization (as permitted by law).
10. Your Rights as a Data Subject
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and to correct the personal data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event within the applicable time period under the data protection laws in your jurisdiction (subject to any extensions to which we are lawfully entitled). In the event that we refuse your requests to have access to or correction of your personal information, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection in your habitual residence or to our representative whose contact details may be found at the “Contact Us” section below.
11. Retention of Personal Data
We will periodically review the personal data we hold. We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the Purposes for which the personal data is to be used, and delete any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, subject to, or where otherwise required or permitted by law.
While we will endeavor to permanently erase your personal data once it reaches the end of its retention period, some of your personal data may still exist within our systems, for example if it is waiting to be overwritten. For our purposes, this data has been put beyond use, meaning that, while it still exists in the electronic ether, our employees will not have any access to it or use it again.
12 Protection of Information
In order to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, we will implement appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the personal data that we collect and process.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you provide us with your credit card information to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify's Terms of Service or Privacy Statement .
14. Links of Third Parties
15. Children’s Privacy
We do not intend to transact through our website or mobile application directly with anyone we know to be under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should use our website or mobile application only with the involvement of a parent or guardian and should not submit any personal data to us.